Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cinema/Cinnamon

CineMafo (the name I decided upon after discarding some pun involving the word cinnamon) exists to function as a perspective on cinema and all things cinematic (and probably some things that aren't). The reason for the word Mafo in the title is significant because it represents my presence in this blog, that aforementioned perspective. But I am not a critic, and these are not reviews.
The purpose of the blog is to document every film I see, not just for myself (which I already do), but publicly.
I will write about the films I see, not dwelling upon what could make them better, because that's a miserably flawed way of perceiving art, but upon what makes them great, or interesting, or mystifying, or beautiful, or funny, or ridiculous, or whatever the fuck it might be.

So I'll write about the films I see and what I see in them. You can watch and read along if it does something for you, but this is a masturbatory experiment more than anything else. Nearly everything I write will reveal something about the film, so I recommend watching the film before reading. As I said, not a review. But the fact that I'm writing about it probably indicates that it's worth watching.

I may also include tidbits about my own personl filmmaking efforts from time to time, or relevant news, or whatever else strikes my fancy. We're going freeform here. So here goes nothing.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I read to find out what to see. You like weird shit sometimes... But I love you anyway!